Saturday, March 9, 2013

Saturday Swatch Spam

Hey everyone, I'm sorry for the lack of blog posts lately, between midterms and one by one each of us getting sick, it's been a struggle to get anything done. So, as usual when I take a bit of a blog break, I'm back with some swatch spam for you! I hope you enjoy!



First up, we have Rock Me Amadeus by Nostalgic Nail Lacquer. This one is from their New Wave Winter Collection, so I don't believe it's available anymore. It's a beautiful white crelly packed with purple, maroon, aqua and black squares and hexes. Have I mentioned how much I love square glitter?  A lot. That's how much. This polish became an instant favorite. I believe this was 3 coats, no undies. The formula is fantastic, and, as you can see, so is the glitter payoff.



Next is a beautiful polish from one of my favorite Indie brands. Say hello to Baby Girl by Lacquerhead. You may have noticed, I don't do much pink. I love pink on other people, but it just never seems to look right on me with my skin tone. But this? This is a pink I can do! Baby Girl is a light pink crelly with pink and purple hexes of various sizes. This is 2 coats, no undies.


Next is Burrrberry from Jindie Nail's Winter Chic collection. Similar to Rock Me Amadeus (apparently, I have a type?), Burrrberry is a white crelly with several sizes of "berry colored" (ie raspberry, blueberry, blackberry - according to Jindie's listing). I can't remember if this is 2 or 3 coats, no undies. As you can see, the glitter payoff is good, I didn't do any fishing for the larger glitters. This is a gorgeous polish.


This beauty is NailNation3000 Vincenzo, hands down, my favorite of all of my holos! This picture is taken indoors in artificial light - no flash! 2 easy coats, no topcoat. Check out those rainbows!


And yet, more Laquerheads! I LOVE this polish, and I apologize for not getting it on the blog before Valentines Day, it would have been perfect, but alas, I didn't. So, yeah. Moving on. This is Lacquerhead's Bless Your Heart, a simple beauty, BYH is a white crelly with various sizes of red hexes and red hearts. Gorgeous! No, I love this polish as is, but I couldn't help but add my beloved Lacquerhead jellies to it...


...so this is Bless Your Heart topped with Orange You Jelly, Cherry Bomb, Plum Crazy, and Blueberry Yum-Yum. I love love love these jellies! After sharing this photo on Lacquerhead's facebook page, she was inspired to continue the rainbow and make a green jelly she named Green Apple. Amazingly, I was able to snag one of the very few bottles she made, but in a tragic turn of events, the same day it arrived, my cat knocked it off the shelf and Green Apple shattered all over the floor. A moment of silence for a fallen beauty...


And finally, this is one of my most recent acquisitions, Smitten Polish Pink Goes Good With Green. From the moment I saw this, I knew it had to be mine. Pink Goes Good With Green is a gorgeous milky green crelly with various sizes of light green, light pink, and a pinky-purple glitters. I love this polish, and I got tons of complements on it the day I wore it to school, it's definitely unique to my collection, which it gets extra bonus points for! Application was a breeze, and this was two coats, no undies.

I hope you enjoyed this Saturday Swatch Spam, and I hope the multitude of pretties makes up for my absence. We all seem to be well again, and I'm feeling confidant I will be able to dive right back into blogging regularly!

Til next time!
-Kara

1 comment:

  1. ooooh lovely! my faves are Bless Your Heart and Baby Girl :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment :)