Friday, November 23, 2012

Day 8: Gradient

Happy Black Friday everyone! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and to my international friends, a happy Thursday! I am now officially done Christmas shopping, so I feel pretty good about that!

Can you believe it's already Day 8 of the 10-Day Challenge? Where has this month gone? Day 8 is Gradients. I had such a hard time with this challenge. I practiced for over a week, and had just convinced myself that I was incapable of doing gradients when it worked! I was so happy with the outcome that I had to wear it a second day - not the mani I had planned for Thanksgiving, but I couldn't bring myself to remove it!


For this I used Zoya Arizona and Zoya Lo. I think it looks like a sunset :)
By the way, if you are planning on trying a gradient, be warned - cleanup is ridiculous. I swear half my hand was stained orange!


The next Challenge is Water Marble - another pain to clean up, I'm sure. I'd better start practicing, as this is another technique I haven't tried before.

Make sure to check out everyone else's gradients.

-Kara

3 comments:

  1. It looks great! Good work!!
    The colours are looking so good together, it reminds me of an ice cream, yum! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Tip for water marbling: take some Vaseline, if you have some, and coat your finger, up to the first knuckle, with it, making sure you get it all the way around onto the pad of your finger and under the nail. Right after you take your finger out of the water, clean it up. The Vaseline helps HUGELY with that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great
    good luck with the water marbling that is something I still haven't managed :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment :)