Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 5: Half Moons

Welcome back everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend! I managed to survive B's birthday, and I am now officially the mother of a preschooler and a toddler! Where does the time go? Even though I'm sad my baby is no longer a baby, I'm glad to have it over, so I can stop stressing about it, haha.

Before I get into my Challenge Day 5 mani, I want to say a quick Happy Belated Veterans Day, and a huge THANK YOU to all Veterans and families of Veterans. Thank you for the sacrifices you make so that my children and I can enjoy all the freedoms this country has to offer.


****

Today is Day 5 of the November 10-Day nail art challenge, something that I LOVE - half moons! You can check out my first half moon post here.

I had so many ideas for half moon combos floating around my head, but decided on something a little different. A matte flakie half moon!


half moons






 For this, I used a base of China Glaze Liquid Leather, then I carefully dabbed on UP Colors Banho de Mar. I waffled a bit on the next part. To mattify or not to mattify? I decided to just go for it, and used NYC Matte Me Crazy over the whole thing, and I am so glad I did. It really changes the look of the mani!


I hope you enjoyed this mani, I know I did!

Can you believe we are already half-way through this challenge? Day 6 will be Inspired by Anothers' Nails. Off to scour the internet for inspiration!

-Kara

3 comments:

  1. I love the color combo!!! Don't ask me why... but it reminds me of fishing! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such an awesome idea for half moons! Love it matte too, so creative :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! the matte looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment :)