Sunday, October 7, 2012

Essence Special Effects Toppers

I stopped by the Essence display the other day and I picked up 3 of their new Special Effects Toppers, and I thought I'd tell you a little about them. I was so excited to find these and I couldn't wait to try them out, so I just put them on over what I already had on - Orly Decoded - two coats of each.





On my ring finger (top finger in picture) is Glowing in the Dark. I was pleased to see that, even though in the bottle it looks a tad purple, it didn't change the color of the polish I had on. I was, however, very disappointed to find that it doesn't actually glow in the dark. Apparently it only glows under a black light. Which I do not have.

On my middle finger is a flaky! It's called Night in Vegas, and it is fantastic. This is actually my first flaky, though I've been eying them forever.

Finally, on my ring finger (bottom finger) is Holo Topping, Please! I was super excited to see a holo topcoat, but in real life, I was very disappointed. It's got micro scattered holo, but you can barely see the base polish color through it, which, in my opinion, doesn't make it a very good topper! Maybe they should sell it as a holographic polish instead?

So, there you have it, my new Essence Special Effects Toppers!

-Kara




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment :)