Friday, October 5, 2012

Nail Fail!

Well, I'm not off to a great start today! My youngest is getting sick, and was up really late. I didn't have a lot of time to plan my mani. I knew I wanted to use something from my untried stash, so I grabbed OPI Mod About You, a nice pale pink. I expected this polish to be very sheer and need many coats to achieve opacity, but it was surprisingly opaque after one coat, but I used two just to be sure. I wanted to do something soft and simple, so I pulled out the Konad stamper and plate m63. I couldn't decide between using Nails Inc Bruton Street or China Glaze For Audrey as my accent color, so I did both!

This is where the FAIL comes in. Apparently, while my plate LOOKED clean, it still had traces of black in it, and it messed up the color, that and Bruton Street was a little too sheer for stamping. Anyway, the effect left something to be desired. So, I cleaned up the plate again and brushed on For Audrey, flipped the image and stamped again. No time to start over - bed was calling me!

So, without further ado. The Nail Fail.

OPI Mod About You




Oh well, sometimes you just gotta try, right? Lesson learned. Hopefully next time it'll turn out better.

-Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment :)